Do you have a data silo problem?
- Do customers complain of having to explain everything about their business to sales, and then to customer success, and then again to customer support?
- Is customer support hearing about the same issues, over and over again, that aren’t being addressed by product?
Those are just two of the most frequent symptoms of data silos. Here are some more, reported to us by our friends at Segment.
- Inability to answer complex questions about your customer journey.
- Inability to quantify the impact of a given campaign against down-funnel, often offline conversations (like Salesforce lead status updates).
- Inability to affect targeting criteria in a given channel based on interactions that occurred in another (ie. you’re spamming users across channels when they’ve already converted or signaled their preferences in another.
What do all of these silo symptoms have in common? They all damage customer experience, and they all result from data not being shared between teams and departments.